Thursday, October 7, 2010

What’s Wrong with Cinderella?

I found this article interesting and as if the mother overacted.  I believe every little girl goes through the princess stage at some point.  I think it’s the appeal of being pretty and having pretty dress and getting treated special.  Although this is perceived through TV, I believe it’s a phase at some point all girls go through, but they do learn to out grown.  What little girl doesn’t want to wear a tiara and have a big ball gown dress? Granted they only want it because they see it on TV, but I believe it’s a way for their imagination to grow and prosper.  I feel that the mother expressing her dislike towards the princesses somewhat undermines her daughter’s imagination because the little girl was always commenting on how her mother didn’t like princesses, so it almost seemed at what the little girl was doing was almost a disappointment or at disapproval of her mother.  I feel the little girl was too young to understand the whole concept behind be called and princess and acting as one besides what she learned from TV; therefore she couldn’t grasp her mother’s idea of a princess and why she was so opposed to it.  I do understand the mother’s view point of many children today are very spoiled and treated like princesses and she may not want her child to grow up in that manner.  I also feel though that the mother should let her child experience the princess stage and realize it’s a phase and it will pass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment