Wednesday, October 27, 2010

"What Girls Want" & "In Search of Elusive Orgasm"

Reading “What Girls Want” and “In Search of Elusive Orgasm” I could kind of relate to the stories of how every girl looks for the man in a novel she read.  At the same time this is a great thing to image and hope for, the romantic, thoughtful, charming, and athletic man but at the same time it is really not reality.  I believe I realized this maybe sooner than most girls because in high school and now my 3 best friends are guys.  When I am around them I see their true character and how guys truly think and act.  They are great guys don’t get me wrong but they are far from romantic, thoughtful, charming, and the ultimate athlete; although they do hold all of these characteristics they are definitely not romance novel material.  Being best friends with guys makes me realize the difference between reality and novel material. Knowing their true characters and personalities and that we can be ourselves when we are around each other, I almost wouldn’t want it any other way. Sadly I see romance movies and read books and think they are fake and most likely to never happen, but it still gives me a hope there is a Mr. Right out there for everyone.  

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you about watching romance movies or reading romance novels and in thinking they are fake; when I watch a romance movie I always catch myself smirking at what the guys does and thinking why cant I find a guy like that... but when the movie is over reality hits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's awesome that you have some close guy friends! It's definitely beneficial to know how they act around each other and . I have an older brother, but I never really hung out with him and all of his friends. I've just had to learn from dating a few buttheads that chick flick movies are fake. I still enjoy watching them once in a while; and like you, they still give me hope that there are guys out there for all of us girls. I've never been one to read romance novels, so I can't really compare to them.

    ReplyDelete