Thursday, November 11, 2010

Partners as Parents

 I was raised in a Catholic family, so the object of gays and lesbians wasn’t a discussion because to many in my family it’s not right in the eyes of the church, therefore it’s not right at all.  I’m not saying this mentality is right, but I feel that it’s not wrong. We are all entitled to our opinions or raised in a certain manner.  Personally, I have no objections to gays or lesbians; I feel that God made two sexes for a reason, but at the same time people are entitled to live their life the way they want to live it.  I find it frustrating that the government is opposing marriage especially when it would benefit people financially is so many ways and assure their children benefits, that I am sad they are denied these rights.  Also, I find it frustrating that there are as many children looking for good homes, yet same-sex couples are being denied the right or have to go through such a long and tedious process to give these children the opportunities of having a good home.  The argument that the government/adoption agencies are scared their sexuality is going to be influenced I think is a bunch of b.s., because if you look at many homosexuals they probably come from heterosexual couples and obviously there wasn’t an influence there.  I think with changing times, our government need to change and adopt to our society, and I don’t necessarily agree with it, but it’s not my life and I feel that they are people and should still be given equal opportunity whether homosexual, heterosexual, or bisexual. 

1 comment:

  1. I think that all people should be given equal chances when it comes to adoption too! I mean come on there are plenty of kids that need adopting, so who really cares who adopts them.

    ReplyDelete